Friday, February 8, 2008

Dennis Prager GIANT Hit At Congregation Beth El, Cherry Hill, NJ - Several Standing Ovations

If you've never been to a talk that Dennis has given, do yourself a big favor, and make arrangements to attend.

Extremely personable, and gigantically tall, Dennis Prager is everything you imagine him to be from listening to his show, and much, much more.

Aside from the sort of common sense, clarifying speech that one would expect to hear from Dennis, he managed to earn the kind of belly laughs that one would expect to hear only in a comedy club.

He is an extraordinary speaker. I forgot to find out how to get the recorded tape of this particular presentation (Thursday, February 7, 2008). My wife and I will always cherish this evening.

Dennis pulled no punches when he explained to the liberal Jews in the crowd why many of their most firmly held beliefs regarding religion in politics and Jewish "fear" of Evangelical Christians are based upon incoherent thinking.

Dennis also announced that he will be speaking in Philadelphia in mid-March. I'm sure that details will be available soon.

At the event, I had the opportunity to reunite with folks that I've met at various local Prager discussion groups. I also finally met in person a most lovely woman (Lynda) whom I "know" from both this site and from a Prager fan discussion website.

For anyone who lives in South Jersey, Philadelphia, or Philly suburbs who would like to use this site to write posts, plan meetings, etc. - please send your email address to amillermd@comcast.net so that I can arrange for you to be a co-author on this site.

2 comments:

Lynda B. said...

Thank you, thank you!

What I also found interesting were the rabbi's introductory remarks, which led me to think that there might have been quite a bit of resistance to Dennis Prager speaking there at all. Maybe that's the reason he hasn't been back for 30 years.

Alan Miller said...

I know. I thought the rabbi was a putz.